Found an issue? Let us know!

Fonts not showing on Lolipop

I am a skin designer and sell many skins on the play store. I have hit discovered an issue with fonts not showing up with zooper templates that have been installed via apk on lollipop.

Any skin that install via apk on lollipop does not display the correct font that is included in the apk package. Since the template is installed via apk, the font should work but it does not. Additionally, you are not able to manually set the font to the correct font as it doesn't show up in the list of installed fonts like it should since it was included in the template package apk.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    dgwood12dgwood12 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    MyColorScreenMyColorScreen responded  · 

Custom fonts not displaying in Lollipop is a known issue with Android. It is not a Zooper bug.

See the following stackoverflow post:

The problems being faced are probably due to the font files. This problem is fixed already by the Android team but probably didn’t make it in time for 5.0. It’s all explained here:
    https://code.google.com/p/android-developer-preview/issues/detail?id=608&thanks=608&ts=1404735239

The workaround is to fix the font files with TTX as mentioned in the linked issue.

Getting TTX to work can be a bit of a hassle if you have no python expertise so I ended up downloading Adobe’s AFDKO that includes TTX. You have to run ‘ttx yourfontfile.ttf’ that’ll turn yourfile to .ttx and then run it again ‘ttx yourfontfile.ttx’ to get a new .ttf that works with 5.0.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • zooperclientzooperclient commented  · 

Mycolorscreen can you please provide us with the fixed fonts so we can add them. That is the best solution for your customers.

• dgwood12dgwood12 commented  · 

I did as you recommended with Adobe's AFDKO and I am still having issues. The only way I can get it to work after fixing the font files it to manually place them in my zooper widgets font folder.

For whatever reason, the zooper template apk is not putting the fonts in the correct spot or the fonts are not being recognized when installed via apk. I am not entirely sure how this works but since I am going to be selling these on the play store, I don't want to have to instruct users to download a font file and place it in their font folder.

What is the work around for this?

Thanks

• Anonymous commented  · 

Hi. The "Walkway" font which is included in Zooper Widget (and Zooper Widget Pro) apk seems to be such an "unrecognizable by lollipop" type font file.

Could you include ".ttf -> .ttx -> .ttf"ed Walkway font file in next version of Zooper Widget?

Feedback and Knowledge Base